Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Consonant Goes Into A Bar

This piece is copyrighted by Gary Roma.

Iron Frog Productions



A consonant goes into a bar and sits down next to a vowel. "Hi!" he says."Have you ever been here before?"

"Of cursive," she replies. "I come here, like, all the time."

He can tell from her accent (which is kind acute) that she is a Vowelly Girl.

'She sure is a cipher sore i's!' thinks the consonantal dude. He remains stationery,enveloped by her charm. His initial reaction is so pro-nounced, he doesn't know what to say. He is, at present, tense. "You've a lovely set of ... teeth," he sputters.

"Do you Crush with breast--I mean, do you brush with Crest?"

"Oh my god, gag me with a spoonerism! Your mind is in the guttural, fer sure!"

Admiring her figure of speech, he falls into a fantasy. He pictures a perfect wedding: they exchange wedding vowels.

The minister says, "I now pronouns you husband and wife."

They kiss each other on the ellipsis.

"I love you, noun forever, " he whispers.

The conjugation is in tiers. (In a word, they are wed) He awakens from his daydream and proposes a dance. She declines.

"Then would you like a beer? Alcohol the bartender--"

"I bitter not," she says, falling silent. Ferment there, she looks like she's going to bee [sic].

"Are you okay?" he asks.

"I'm, like, under a lot of stress...I've got a yeast inflection."

"I knew something was brewing." He calls the bartender. "Listen, bud, my beer is warm." The bartender takes the bottle and empties it into the sink. The consonantal dude watches his hops go down the drain.



"Let's go outside," he says to her. "I'd like to have a word with you."

"Are you prepositioning me?"

"I won't be indirect. You are the object of my preposition."

"Oh my god, you're like, such a boldfaced character!"

"I see your point. But I'm font of you. C'mon, let's go."

"Do I have to spell it out to you? You're not my type, so get off my case!"

Reluctantly, he decides to letter b. "Now my evening lies in runes," he laments. He leaves, hoping to have letter luck next time.



1 comment:

  1. I would appreciate if you would note that I am the author of this copyrighted piece. Thanks.

    Gary Roma
    www.ironfrog.com

    ReplyDelete